Selling a Home
If you are thinking of selling your home, chances are you're caught up in a mass of emotions. You may be looking forward to moving up to a new home or facing the uncertainty of a major move across the country. You may be reluctant to leave your memories behind or eager to start new and exciting adventures. Remember, we're here to help you with any of your needs. Call or email us today! 405-209-9612 or you can click on the Calendar Link and schedule a one-on-one with us today! https://calendly.com/info-3328/real-estate-consultation-with-tom-hall
By now you have heard about it being a hot market for sellers! This is true for now however the market can and will shift so it is important to know how this is determined. Keller Williams Performs a total market overview monthly to determine the inventory that determines if we are in a buyer's market or a seller's market. You can call us or click on the link at http://bit.ly/totalmarketoverview
Setting the Listing Price
In setting the list price for your home, you should be aware of a buyer’s frame of mind. Based on a list of houses for sale in your neighborhood (which can be in the form of a printed list from us, or online search results that you’ve found yourself), buyers will determine which houses they want to view. Consider the following pricing factors:
- If you set the price too high, your house won’t be picked for viewing, even though it may be much nicer than others in the area. You may have told your REALTOR® to "Bring me any offer. Frankly, I’d take less." But in that list of houses, yours simply looks too expensive to be considered.
- If you price too low, you'll short-change yourself. Your house will sell promptly, yes, but before it has time to find the buyer who would have paid more.
NOTE: Never say "asking" price, which implies you don't expect to get it.
To determine the proper list price, contact me today and I'll provide you with the following professional services:
- Furnishing comparable sales.
- Analyzing market conditions.
- Helping to determine offering incentives.
- Estimating your net proceeds.
Using Comparable Sales
No matter how attractive and polished your house, buyers will be comparing its price with everything else on the market. Your best guide is a record of what the buying public has been willing to pay in the past few months for property in your neighborhood like yours.
Also, we can furnish data on sale figures for those "comps", and analyze them for a suggested listing price. The decision about how much to ask, though, is always yours. The list of comparable sales we bring to you, along with data about other houses in your neighborhood presently on the market, is used for a "Comparative Market Analysis (CMA)." To help in estimating a possible sale price for your house, the analysis will also include data on nearby houses that failed to sell in the past few months, along with their list prices.
This CMA differs from a formal appraisal in several ways. One major difference is that an appraisal will be based only on past sales. In addition, an appraisal is done for a fee while the CMA is provided by us and may include properties currently listed for sale and that currently pending sale.
In a normal home sale, a CMA is probably enough to let you set a proper price. A formal written appraisal (which may cost a few hundred dollars) can be useful if you have unique property if there hasn't been much activity in your area recently if co-owners disagree about price and any other circumstance that makes it difficult to put a value on your home.
What Services are offered
It is important to note that not all agents are created equal and offer the same services. Even in a HOT MARKET, you are going to want an agent who will market your property heavily!
We offer the following services
- Text rider notifications: this service allows buyers to text our signs and get a single property website on your home so they can look at pictures, see disclosures, chat with an agent find out more about the area, etc.
- Single property websites: I think we just covered that however each of our listings gets its own website to allow easy sharing and giving buyers all of the information they need to make a decision.
- HD Photos: Every Agent should be doing this and you would be surprised as to how many agents are not doing this. You want your property to stand out from the competition and get buyers lined up to get more interest in your property.
- 3D Matterport Tours: I think this is one of the most important tools and services we offer in today's tech-savvy world. Buyers can view your property in 3D and walk around the property in a 360-degree world by looking up down and all around and moving through the house at various scan points. They can even look around outside. They can view a dollhouse view, floor plan, they can measure rooms and areas inside of the house and so much more. For a sample of what this looks like you can click here to understand more. https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=4QyvLjmz5Pz
- HD Videos: Our luxury or high-end properties for sure get an HD Video that will help the property stand out on social media as well as YouTube.
- Drone Photos: If you have an acreage or a feature that would be enhanced by a drone we will hire a drone photo shoot for the property so buyers can see more of the topography that the property offers.
- Virtual Staging: Virtual staging is great for vacant properties that lack spatial landmarks such as tables and couches. These spatial landmarks help buyers object buy as they can see how furniture can be laid out in the room and causes them to understand the space better than just looking at an empty room.
- Staging Consultation: When we walk into a property with a buyer and there is too much furniture or not enough decor it can cause a buyer to lose interest quickly. We offer a one-on-one consult with a top stager to help you understand more of what to remove or add from a property. This is at no cost to the seller. None of the above-mentioned services cost you the seller any more money.
Seller-paid additional services.
We do offer services that if a seller wants to opt into we can easily secure and order them on behalf of the seller.
- Pre-Owned Home Inspections: Sellers often want to know what a buyer may find lurking at the property before they put the house on the market so they can fix or remedy any potential deal killers a buyer may experience when inspecting a house. This is great for people who have never lived in a house they are selling or maybe who have lived there for many years with a good deal of deferred maintenance that is needed.
- Appraisal and or Measuring Services: Often times you may have a unique property that is hard to establish the actual value on due to too many improvements or not enough comps to justify a sales price. You may even have extra sqft in the home you were not aware of. Having the property measured or appraised can give you more clarity on how to price and sell your home in any market.
- Physical Staging Furniture: Some sellers choose to have furniture brought into the home vs the digital staging that can be done so that when buyers visit the house in person they can see the spatial landmarks in real-time in a physical world.